Travel Tonic


 

 

 

 

Okay, for some mysterious reason I was sparked last night with the desire to travel. Absolutely nothing to do with a STUPID Christmas Hallmark film! (To which each year I tell myself how false, objectifying and materialistic they are... how the person who started them should be horsewhipped and then made to sing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" in the center courtyard of a maximum security prison.)

I digress. 

Today I went vintage window shopping. Seeing old cameras, maps, globes and such, added to the embers. A trip would be such a tonic.

I love venturing out, away from crowds and off the beaten path. Even more enjoyable to write of one's adventures to someone back home. Ahh, the 1880s.

I don't see travel in my future. Perhaps this spring I'll venture out for a road trip and create my own local adventure. Murals are part of my bag, maybe I can find some commissions that I could create a road-trip out of. Who's to say.

The truth is, nothing is as good an elixir as one's own mind and belief. If you believe happiness is outside of you, then it always will be. 

One must be fully contented where one is, in every sense, or one will never be in any other circumstance. There is no "I'll be happy when..." It's illusory.

I actually had a great time today, wanting nothing different than what IS. The present moment holds all you'll ever need.

Happy 2022.

Comments

© ZJ Missive. All Rights Reserved.