Let the Scribbling Begin


 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

Yes yes, InCoWriMo and LetterMo has yet to begin. However, many veterans of the global event know full well the preparations that commence in January.

I myself participate a bit off the grid because making a 'daily task' of letters transforms my writing to the disingenuous. In contrast I gather people of interest during the previous year.

Through an article, book, film, etc., people come across my path that spark my interest and I think, "I'll write to them in February!" The list this year is a bit sparse due to my attention being elsewhere in the last year. Understandably so. 

Therefore, have added a few to the list this very month. I don't mind having a succinct list, expect this will allow for more quality than quantity.

These days, the snow falls, the tea brews, and the desire to scribble increases. At week's end, shall begin sorting through paper and inks. Currently finding the desire to write full missives with my ink dip pens. A slow process, but will feel delightful to be engaged and fully present. I wonder if I will change my mind and reach for a fountain pen.

I attempt to write to the unsuspecting person, so as to be a bit of fun and momentary escape from an ever accelerating world. How glorious, to be forced back into a time of postage and paper. How thrilling when our eyes rest upon a mysterious delivery in our letterbox from our postie.

May it never lose its wonder.

What is your approach to InCoWriMo?


#zjmissive #vintagesocialmedia #incowrimo2022 #letterwitting #snailmail

Comments

© ZJ Missive. All Rights Reserved.